IGNORED

Jason and Maddie 1: There's a Jason? He's engaged.

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, RebeccaRay said:

Okay so I have been on the search to name all the bridal party. There's 8 on both sides. But here's what I got

Jedidiah Duggar..... Savana Shepard red dress

Noah Robinson..... Jayden Terry blue dress

James Duggar.... Gracie Mason orange dress

Justin Duggar.... Lauren Nakatsu. Pink dress

Evan Peters..... Johannah Duggar red dress

Jackson Bates..... Jennifer Duggar blue dress

elijah kaneshiro.. Jordyn Duggar. Orange dress

jackson duggar....... Josie Duggar pink dress

FB_IMG_1728256850849.jpg

wow, the Duggar girls' dresses look super cheap. And those modesty panels. A real return to the bad old days.

The other bridesmaids' dresses look far better - I'm wondering if there was a cost issue here, or a modesty one? Presumably the Duggar family paid for (and selected?) their girls' dresses. I feel like the bridesmaid dresses at Jana's wedding looked better quality and more contemporary so I wonder who took ultimate control over what.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

wow, the Duggar girls' dresses look super cheap. And those modesty panels. A real return to the bad old days.

The other bridesmaids' dresses look far better - I'm wondering if there was a cost issue here, or a modesty one? Presumably the Duggar family paid for (and selected?) their girls' dresses. I feel like the bridesmaid dresses at Jana's wedding looked better quality and more contemporary so I wonder who took ultimate control over what.

To be fair, it sounds like they planned this wedding in about a month, after an original intended date of  this coming spring. That’s a really, really, really, short time line. It looks like they went to the closest David’s Bridal or ordered off Amazon and picked a theme of simple satiny long dresses in fall colors, and worked with what was available.  Jana had a fairly short engagement, but nowhere near that short, and I’m sure had been pinteresting all the details for years. 

• Upvote 6

The three youngest Duggars still look the same but Hannie’s face has changed. Jenni still looks like herself rather than twinning a sibling. I hope all four have a while to go before they married off to the first bidder. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 10/6/2024 at 9:10 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Carlin posted that Jessa and Joy stayed with the Stewarts while they were in TN - so maybe not the full Seewald and Forsyth families traveled to the wedding? Carlin also posted a pic of her with Whitney (so prob that whole fam was present), Emerson (Jackson was a gm), and Addee and Ellie (presumably the rest of the Big Bates Fam went since they're local),

Jer's fam has been spotted, JinJer seen in pics, Jill and Derick posted pics, John and Abbie posted a pic, Joe and Josiah seen in pics. The rest of the younger sibs were in the wedding. I think the only Duggar child (other than the inmate) that I haven't seen actually confirmed at the wedding is the new Mrs Wissman haha, though presumably she attended. 

I saw a pic with her with Carlin after the e wedding so I assume she was there too. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I saw a pic with her with Carlin after the e wedding so I assume she was there too. 

Jana installed a light fixture for Carlin, so yeah, present and accounted for.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

The three youngest Duggars still look the same but Hannie’s face has changed. Jenni still looks like herself rather than twinning a sibling. I hope all four have a while to go before they married off to the first bidder. 

I thought this about Jordyn too, I can’t see any other sibling in her face.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I thought Hannie’s face changed from looking like her brother (I think it’s Jed) to looking like Jana. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Anyone catch the reel that Jill posted with the DJ playing Soulja Boy at the wedding reception?  That's a long way from previous weddings.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

To me Jenny looks like Jer while Hannie is a mix of Jessa and Jinger. 

I’m just glad that Hannie no longer looks like J’asshole #1.  For a while there she was his twin.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JMO said:

Anyone catch the reel that Jill posted with the DJ playing Soulja Boy at the wedding reception?  That's a long way from previous weddings.  

Derek was supermanning that ho. He actually looked adorable dancing. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/7/2024 at 4:40 AM, Mama Mia said:

Ok, no snark, but that’s  pretty cute seeing Josie looking all happy to be promoted to bridesmaid and trying to look grown up.

The makeup makes her look really old.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 10/7/2024 at 8:33 PM, Mama Mia said:

To be fair, it sounds like they planned this wedding in about a month, after an original intended date of  this coming spring. That’s a really, really, really, short time line. It looks like they went to the closest David’s Bridal or ordered off Amazon and picked a theme of simple satiny long dresses in fall colors, and worked with what was available.  Jana had a fairly short engagement, but nowhere near that short, and I’m sure had been pinteresting all the details for years. 

But like - WHY? Why do you have to plan a whole wedding in a month? I don't get the rush (aside from the obvious one where they finally get to be aLoNe) why not take an extra month and have a slightly nicer wedding? Or wait till spring?  Not like anyone was getting married on a weekday and hogging all the event space... What's the rush?

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Meggo said:

But like - WHY? Why do you have to plan a whole wedding in a month? I don't get the rush (aside from the obvious one where they finally get to be aLoNe) why not take an extra month and have a slightly nicer wedding? Or wait till spring?  Not like anyone was getting married on a weekday and hogging all the event space... What's the rush?

JB wants to get to those 100 Grandkids and his married kids aren't pumping them out fast enough (Thank Rufus!)  for his liking  (apart from Jed and Katey) ... 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Meggo said:

She had originally tagged their engagement announcement spring2025, so clearly this was a move up not an original plan. I can think of a few reasons they’d move it up. The most obvious one of course is a blessing coming along earlier than planned. But there are other reasons - a very sick parent/grandparent/great grandparent who they want to be sure is around to see it.  A great deal on a home they don’t want to pass up and they don’t want to live together before marriage.  A health problem for one of them and they want to get married before dealing with it. Or simply they don’t care that much about wedding planning, it stresses them out, and they’d rather save a few bucks, still have a very nice event, and be done with it. 

I, personally, looove all things wedding, but lots of people don’t, and it tends to make even the calmest people anxious and over-thinking and the costs always balloon. Maybe she was finding the planning stressful and wanted to get to the marriage. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Except for the Duggar sisters’ unfortunate bridesmaids dresses, it looks like they had a beautiful wedding. Interesting that the other bridesmaids didn’t have a hard time finding cute dresses. Having it so quickly and on a Thursday probably cut down on the number of people who could attend, but maybe that was a organic way to keep the guest list down and have a more intimate wedding. Maybe doing it this semester worked better for Maddie’s college plan.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

59 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Except for the Duggar sisters’ unfortunate bridesmaids dresses, it looks like they had a beautiful wedding. Interesting that the other bridesmaids didn’t have a hard time finding cute dresses. Having it so quickly and on a Thursday probably cut down on the number of people who could attend, but maybe that was an organic way to keep the guest list down and have a more intimate wedding. Maybe doing it this semester worked better for Maddie’s college plan.

I Don’t even think the Duggar girls dresses were bad, pretty standard bridesmaid type gowns. I wouldn’t have noticed the modesty panels if Josie didn’t have a different color to hers. Honestly it looks like they wanted to include Josie, she’s tiny and likely would fit more in Girls sizes, so they improvised.  Those wide deep v necks can be hard to modify. A scoop would likely have been a better choice if they wanted coverage, but that might not have been available in the colors they needed. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

She had originally tagged their engagement announcement spring2025, so clearly this was a move up not an original plan. I can think of a few reasons they’d move it up. The most obvious one of course is a blessing coming along earlier than planned. But there are other reasons - a very sick parent/grandparent/great grandparent who they want to be sure is around to see it.  A great deal on a home they don’t want to pass up and they don’t want to live together before marriage.  A health problem for one of them and they want to get married before dealing with it. Or simply they don’t care that much about wedding planning, it stresses them out, and they’d rather save a few bucks, still have a very nice event, and be done with it. 

I, personally, looove all things wedding, but lots of people don’t, and it tends to make even the calmest people anxious and over-thinking and the costs always balloon. Maybe she was finding the planning stressful and wanted to get to the marriage. 

I think they were never planning on getting married that late and the hashtag was to throw people off.

The Duggars have a history of putting the wrong wedding dates on their registries to avoid press being at the weddings. I doubt this is any different.

They also don't do long engagements. Josiah and Lauren had the longest one at 4 months.

• Upvote 3