IGNORED

Bro. Gary Hawkins 26: A Scandal in the Pulpit

nelliebelle1197

That last thread was a Lifetime movie from the 1990s.

• Thank You 4

Thank you, @nelliebelle1197.  As Bro Gary might say:

Spoiler

IT NEW THREAD!

Who knew we'd have a new thread before the LORD came back, what with the signs of the end times and all. /s

• Haha 4

Brother Gary does not believe in superfluous consonants  or vowels.  She shorter he can make a word, the better.

• Upvote 3

From the last thread in @thoughtful's recap:

Almost as an afterthought, he mentions that they were worried about their daughter and son-in-law during the hurricane, and how they couldn't get in touch, then limply finishes "Mah wahf talked to mah daughter today - our daughter today - a little bit - but, um - (long pause) ah would think - ah would think about this because we're soon gittin' outta here, an' it's not gonna be long."

First he says "my daughter" then he realizes that he's given himself away and says "our daughter".  Yeah, Gary.  We know you were married before and that you are less than honest about it.  At least try to lie better.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Xan said:

From the last thread in @thoughtful's recap:

Almost as an afterthought, he mentions that they were worried about their daughter and son-in-law during the hurricane, and how they couldn't get in touch, then limply finishes "Mah wahf talked to mah daughter today - our daughter today - a little bit - but, um - (long pause) ah would think - ah would think about this because we're soon gittin' outta here, an' it's not gonna be long."

First he says "my daughter" then he realizes that he's given himself away and says "our daughter".  Yeah, Gary.  We know you were married before and that you are less than honest about it.  At least try to lie better.

I'm so glad you noticed.

He would have been just fine leaving it at "my daughter" - he was alone in the truck, not speaking for Becky. Lots of parents would say "my" kid, when the other parent isn't present at the moment,  without a second thought. It's the fact that he felt the need to correct it that I noticed.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Becky has posted several things about the aftermath of the hurricane. With all of the content that is out there, she chose:

1. A video in which a woman says the looting in the mountains of North Carolina is increasing, and says anyone in the area should be "carrying" and "with the safety off" (she claims a sheriff gave her that advice). She says "the government ain't comin' t'save you, not now, not ever, because they don't care about you the people anymore."

She goes on to claim that government agencies have been taken over by "grifters," elected officials think money is their god, and claims that DeSantis has done more for NC than NC's governor (who is a Democrat). She trusts the Baptists and Samaritan's Purse, but not the government. She says the most important thing people can do is pray for others to turn back to God, and for a hedge of protection.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/2096654937519691

2. A post from someone (it's one of those joint facebook posts - a pastor and his wife, so I don't know which of them posted) who is helping a community with a church group (which would b a lovely thing for Becky to repost, if it wasn't for the whole "we have to do it because the Demonrat government hates us" slant that I know she has).

3. A video from the second person, thanking their church for their truck and showing how bad the road that they had to use is.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1869088526916800

Some comments on that video:

Spoiler

image.png.26112c25983a68a76c00cd8463f6b6bc.png