IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

I don't really think Anna has put on too much, a little bit, yes, but looks good on her.

I was more thinking it would be a nice activity for her , plus, it's healthy.

Josh needs to find a turning point NOW. He looks like he's 35 and does sitting down work, and hasn't worked out in 15 years.

I think Anna may be on a slippery slope as well, though. I wouldn't be worried if she was Mrs Average, and she would probably stop having children soon. But she puts on weight with each and every pregnancy and doesn't lose it before starting again and putting on even more. She isn't really fat yet, but it doesn't look like she has the Duggar uber-thin gene in spite of the dreadful diet. Ten kids down the line she could be huge if she isn't careful.

Josh is heading towards becoming a walking heart attack, if he continues to put on weight at this rate. At home I expect he was kept busy with 'buddying' and manual tasks like house building etc. When he left home, suddenly he could spend all day sitting down, doing nothing, and Anna would care for all of the children. He didn't have to worry about doing well at his job, as Daddy would always back him up, and most of that job involved sitting down anyway. He's playing house without any real responsibility.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lord, German yahoo "news" covered it, and everyone who read it is apparently thrilled. :roll:

Should point out yahoo news isn't exactly read by the educated crowd out there.

They also translated everything they said on the Today Show LITERALLY, which sounds more than dumb.

I will post a link to freejinger in the comments :twisted:

Can I also just point out, to Michelle, that "buy used and save the difference" won't exactly work at government level? Here, we'll just dig up some old roads and pop them down instead of making a new one. It might be a bit lumpy and uneven but I'm sure it's fine. I could go on but I might ramble for ages. I don't think they realize how complicated it really is...I don't see how that gag-worthy oft-repeated mantra was relevant to the government comment. And you don't really buy used anymore, lady, you haven't in a long time. I understand that's what they did before the TLC money, but it's not true anymore.

Grandma Duggar looks extremely worried as well.

I noticed that. And after Jim Bob comes back with Josiah she's looking at JB like "You rat bastard". I don't think she likes what just happened.

I noticed that. And after Jim Bob comes back with Josiah she's looking at JB like "You rat bastard". I don't think she likes what just happened.

Yes. She looks disapproving, like she wants to correct him, but after all he it is his family and they're on TV and, well, patriarchy.

I'm glad someone picked up on Grandma Duggar. I didn't highlight her in every scene, but she looks disapproving in almost every snap. Considering how generally supportive she is of their never-ending procreation, my guess is she was upset about Josiah and how he was "handled" - and honestly that's worse.

I would really like to know what Boob did to him off camera; some of the kids looking on seemed pretty unhappy about it.

Also, thanks for the props everyone, glad you like the strip. :)

Yes. She looks disapproving, like she wants to correct him, but after all he it is his family and they're on TV and, well, patriarchy.

But wouldn't she be able to tell him what to do, since she's his mother and his father isn't alive anymore?

Is Josiah the one directly behind JB in the announcement clip? He's just off-screen. I think he got caught trying to dump his Kool-Aid in a potted plant. He's not happy. There's a list somewhere of the buddy assignments (that I can't find again :x ), and I'm pretty sure he has a buddy. He probably has his hands full already slaving away for JB, plus helping the J'slaves raise their buddies, and raising his own buddy, that he's sick of it.

Reply with quote Post Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Re: Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Aurora wrote:

Constance Vigilance wrote:

Aurora wrote:

Grandma Duggar looks extremely worried as well.

But wouldn't she be able to tell him what to do, since she's his mother and his father isn't alive anymore?

If the rules of Christian patriarchy follow the rule of ancient Roman patriarchy, no, she wouldn't be able to tell him what to do, since he is now the head of the family.

Guest Anonymous
What are they going to do post-TLC? Did they save and invest??

In one of the more recent episodes JB was talking about property he had recently purchased. I get the feeling that he is investing the TLC money in more real estate. And if he is wise in what he buys, it could be the best investment he could make. It seems he tends to purchase commercial property, I wonder if he has ever thought about farmland. I know farm land my father purchased 20 years ago is now worth 5x what he paid for it.

why in the world do they keep on asking them the same questions.

aren't 17/18/19 enough, how do you care for so many "children", how do you pay for everything.

when will they ask "what is jessa's major in college going to be"?

The idiocy is that these people keep asking how J'Uterus has time to raise/cook/teach ALL THOSE KIDS???????

Answer: She doesn't.

A new troll hit up TWOP claiming she's personally known the Duggars for over 10 years and spent a lot of time at the compound. She CLAIMS that Super Uterus does it ALL and never has a moment to sit down and breathe (what about those hours on the treadmill/elliptical and naps?), and that ALL the kids are happy.

I reminded her (within context of the show, since it's TWOP) that while no one can be happy all the time, those kids are trained in JOY and have to do their best to put on the happy face. I used Jana as exhibit a of Clown Smile (thanks to FJ for that one) and reminded her that as a former member of ATI, she should know all this, especially as someone who has come out of it on the other side. I also mentioned that the Duggars are never going to mention the sordid underbelly of Gothard on TV, or their extreme political views, thus tricking people into thinking they are something that they are not.

I noticed it, too. If we ever try to help some of the kids escape, can we please get Grandma Mary to come along? She needs to get out of there, as well.

I'm not so sure that Grandma Mary subscribes to all that patriarchy bullshit. Grandpa Duggar was known to disapprove of JimBoob and Mullet having so many kids and he and Grandma did not raise their kids so fundie. Things can get complicated for widows when they need to rely on their kids for help.

Grandma likes money, I'm sure.

Jim-Bob is a savvy real estate investor.

Josiaha has been a marked guy for a long time. He's never really "fit" the mold. He gives his speeches about how "lucky" he is not to be a man yet cause he'll have to work so hard, blah, blah, blah...but he hasn't swallowed the Kool Aid for a long time. I suspect he wants to either work in the tv industry in some capacity or likes art or something that isn't a "skill" for manly men. He may also like to read or something equally shocking.

Same for Joy-Anna. To keep the Fab 4 happy more is being dumped on her and as the 4 get "treats" like fake college or Gothard music clinics and mission trips. She's seen first hand what drudges they are and wants no part of it.

Anyone else notice it looks like Joy-Anna had pants on under her school uniform-ish ensemble? I think it was tights and boots, but still.

Grandma likes money, I'm sure.

Jim-Bob is a savvy real estate investor.

Josiaha has been a marked guy for a long time. He's never really "fit" the mold. He gives his speeches about how "lucky" he is not to be a man yet cause he'll have to work so hard, blah, blah, blah...but he hasn't swallowed the Kool Aid for a long time. I suspect he wants to either work in the tv industry in some capacity or likes art or something that isn't a "skill" for manly men. He may also like to read or something equally shocking.

Same for Joy-Anna. To keep the Fab 4 happy more is being dumped on her and as the 4 get "treats" like fake college or Gothard music clinics and mission trips. She's seen first hand what drudges they are and wants no part of it.

Anyone else notice it looks like Joy-Anna had pants on under her school uniform-ish ensemble? I think it was tights and boots, but still.

It's leggings and boots. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that sometimes the Duggars look like they're wearing school uniforms.

Another thing I noticed: The only 4 people who actually laugh when Jim Bob says "I don't know how it happened" are Jim Bob himself, Michelle, Josh, and I think either the reporter or Anna. Nobody else finds it funny, like Josiah- you can tell when someone laughs even when their faces aren't shown. He's still.

The only 4 people who actually laugh when Jim Bob says "I don't know how it happened" are Jim Bob himself, Michelle, Josh, and I think either the reporter or Anna.

AHAHAHAHAAAA :puke-huge:

You know exactly how it happened, you disgusting creature!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Joy is wearing boots with tights and a skirt. It's a rather cute ensemble (and something I do rather frequently when I don't feel like wearing defrauding pants). And I love the way she's sitting, too. Definitely giving body language attitude.

I love Joy's expression when she's asked if she wants a little brother. You can tell that's a fake nod. And her "smiling look" is more like a "yeah right!". I see the same expression whenever Jinger nods in agreement to anything, too.

Jed at the end of the couch in the Today Show clip either looks really bored or unhappy.

Also, whoever is in the orange in the snapshots (I think that's Jackson) gave the most priceless "WTF" face ever.

AHAHAHAHAAAA :puke-huge:

You know exactly how it happened, you disgusting creature!

Maybe because they actually ARE the only ones who know how it happened, sadly enough?

I think it was Anna who laughed also.

Another thing I noticed: The only 4 people who actually laugh when Jim Bob says "I don't know how it happened" are Jim Bob himself, Michelle, Josh, and I think either the reporter or Anna. Nobody else finds it funny, like Josiah- you can tell when someone laughs even when their faces aren't shown. He's still.

I'll admit I was too busy thinking "that would explain a whole lot" to notice who did and didn't laugh.

when I had to watch younger brothers and sometimes cousins during the summer days when my parents worked, I was a bitchy dictator who held them personally responsible (in my mind at least) for every second I was missing at cheerleading camp or hanging out with my friends at the mall.
Yeah, but you were missing SOMETHING. The older girls don't HAVE anything else to do except run errands, which (IMO) makes the whole thing even sadder. They think they enjoy taking care of the children because they have nothing else to compare it to. Taking care of kids is probably more "fun" than washing laundry or cleaning bathrooms. :(

And we already know that's it's not nearly as much "fun" as they pretend it is - as I recall, one of them let the mask slip a bit while trying to corral the boys into doing their schoolwork. I suspect they are well-versed in the "training" techniques.

Not hard to understand why they all love to run errands and do the grocery shopping - if I were one of them, I would constantly "forget" something that I had to run back out for. :D

Maybe because they actually ARE the only ones who know how it happened, sadly enough?

I didn't think of that - you're probably right.

Though, CanadianHippie, I like your thought!

Well played :clap:

Archived