IGNORED

Petition for TLC to increase Michelle's Frumper Shirt Budget

holierthanyou

Black tights/stockings look fine with high heels or court shoes, with flats they look horrible. What is wrong with coloured tights anyway, why doesn't she wear those instead?

I love brightly coloured tights, I have tights in all colours/styles, and they're cotton ones too because my fanjo is a delicate little flower and doesn't like nylon! :lol: Today I am sporting some cotton tights in bright magenta with large purple spots, I've also got some rainbow striped ones. I would love to get Michelle into some new clothes, give me a few hours with her and she'd be wearing much more colourful clothing and she would still be modest. Those same shirts and skirts every time we see her are dreadful.

Fundies can't wear colored tights or leggings because it draws too much attention to the legs.

Fundies can't wear colored tights or leggings because it draws too much attention to the legs.

Which is laughable when you consider they wear long skirts! That's what makes me laugh, I wear some seriously brightly coloured tights, but I wear long skirts so generally they aren't seen, or the only thing seen is the foot part. But I wear 'em because I like 'em.

eh. I'm a pretty plain dresser (no patterns on my shirts, ever), and when I find a shirt I like, I buy it in all the colors. Like Steve Jobs (so long as the color is black). I wear v-neck tees every single day. I can expound on all the makes available and in what season and what color will be available and whether they will shrink.

I am sure Michelle has some problems with shirts being long enough or cover enough at the top, and so I feel her probable pain when searching for something to meet her criteria, and just being unable to find it. I would do so well with the wardrobe selections on Star Trek. If I could wear pants.

Pretty much the same here. My husband calls it my "mom uniform". I found a blouse I liked and it fit all my criteria so I bought it in 4 colors. I found trousers I liked that fit properly (hard to find that!) and so I bought them in 3-4 colors.

I also wanted to point out that ALL pictures of me from about September to December 2009 I'm wearing the same outfit. It seems that I really liked that outfit and so I would wear it any time I went out with friends or to dinners or to events and so there are like 50 pictures of me in it. I really did wear other clothes, I just didn't feel as cute in them so I didn't wear them when I was "going out".

I actually really like her shirts, the green one especially :) She just wears them way too often...doesn't it get boring? I guess those must be her public appearance clothes but she can change it up a bit. There must be s omething different in the family closet that she can fit into. Though I think Michelle and Jim Bob probably don't have to participate in the family closet, she can still look.

I like the color of the green one, but the aqua/blue one is really unattractive. It reminds me of an amish type style.

And whoa, she definitely had her teeth whitened!

I also wanted to point out that ALL pictures of me from about September to December 2009 I'm wearing the same outfit. It seems that I really liked that outfit and so I would wear it any time I went out with friends or to dinners or to events and so there are like 50 pictures of me in it. I really did wear other clothes, I just didn't feel as cute in them so I didn't wear them when I was "going out".

Haha, I do the same thing! My friends only see me in a few things, and prob only think that I own black dresses and purple T's! I do dressmy black dresses up with bright tights (like hot pink!)

Oh, for sure. A couple years ago, I bought a blue polo from Aero and then seeing one of the J'Slaves wear an Aero polo in the exact same shade of blue on a brand new episode a couple weeks later. "Buy used and save the difference?" Pfft.

Was it here or on TWOP that someone commented that a Gymboree nightgown Johannah wore was a new pattern/print still being sold in Gymboree stores, and therefore it would be unlikely that the nightgown would show up so quickly in a thrift store?

Was it here or on TWOP that someone commented that a Gymboree nightgown Johannah wore was a new pattern/print still being sold in Gymboree stores, and therefore it would be unlikely that the nightgown would show up so quickly in a thrift store?

A lot of those things are probably product placement, especially the ones with the giant logo across the front. The company gives them free clothes in exchange for free advertisement. I wonder what will happen when the gravy train ends and they have to go back to cheaper clothes. Will we see hand-made frumpers again?

Archived