IGNORED

So the Duggars will be back...?

Arielkay

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be a delightful train wreck. You know it's bad when it starts to make Toddlers and Tiaras look good. Ack, that one makes me tear my hair out just during their promos (I've never watched an episode). This last one they were putting a meat bikini on a toddler, oh the horrors. I know people can look past the nuttiness of the Duggars because supposedly they are so wholesome and Christian (ack) but baby beauty queens? It's one extreme or another.

Yikes, are there ANY normal people on TLC?

This should be a delightful train wreck. You know it's bad when it starts to make Toddlers and Tiaras look good. Ack, that one makes me tear my hair out just during their promos (I've never watched an episode). This last one they were putting a meat bikini on a toddler, oh the horrors. I know people can look past the nuttiness of the Duggars because supposedly they are so wholesome and Christian (ack) but baby beauty queens? It's one extreme or another.

I think the only people that are normal on TLC are Bill and Jennifer from The Little Couple. I think out of all the people that TLC has shows about, the Duggars are the least normal. Theresa Caputo the Long Island Medium seems to be fake in her psychic abilities, but at least her two kids and husband are pretty normal. I would rather hang out with the Caputos than the Duggars. The Brown family has more normalcy than the Duggars. The Browns are open about their flaws and don't act like everything is perfect. I find the Sister Wives to be more likable than Michelle.

Whenever I catch their show, I always hope that it will get cancelled before they get corrupted like everyone else on TLC.

I always think the same thing too. I think Bill and Jen might be escape corruption from TLC, mainly because they had money before TLC came into the picture. But who knows maybe Bill will get power trip like Matt Roloff did.

Yes, Jen is the only reality show person I've ever thought I might like to have as a friend. She's intelligent, rational, and kind, and it's amazing what she's been able to accomplish. Bill seems like a regular guy although I was a little iffy on him at first. Could be that salesman personality.

TLC was never going to pass up the Dear Jubilee episode. We'll get a short season probably, but I think that will be the end of it.

I have seen other people on different forums and sites who have been iffy on Bill. I agree it is probably the salesman personality. My mom watches The Little Couple and she sometimes doesn't like Bill. Bill seems like a good guy compared to Boob.

I agree TLC will not pass a special Jubilee episode.

I just hope that Michelle doesn't read the Jubilee letter on the inevitable VSE. Knowing her though, there will be so much false emotion and milking that it will be disgusting. However, I think people will tune in.

I just hope that Michelle doesn't read the Jubilee letter on the inevitable VSE. Knowing her though, there will be so much false emotion and milking that it will be disgusting. However, I think people will tune in.

I agree people will tune in. I think the Jubilee VSE will get a somewhat high viewer rating, but if there are episodes that follow that, I suspect a dip in viewership will happen.

I have to admit I am curious, but since I am not in the US I will just have to wait for it to be uploaded to youtube, or get a play-by-play here!!!

I can just imagine the preview: Look at how happy everybody is celebrating their daugher/niece/sister's very brief "life" at the funeral.

19 Kids and counting isn't showing up on my Tivo for the next 2 weeks, nor is it on TLC's website, I see a marathon of Cake Boss listed instead. If the Duggars return, I'm not sure they are getting their 9 pm time slot on Tuesday night. I still wonder if TLC is putting the show on hold for awhile longer.

Didn't Amy say there would be new episodes in February? I think Amy is our best source, since you know, she's actually on the show.

I bet there's something going on with the Duggars, which is why it's seemingly taking so long for another season. There will be a VSE about Jubilee, and since TLC loooooooooooooooves crazy, we'll maybe see some of their Santorum-spreading and homophobia.

I think it's almost a guarantee that this will happen.

I hope they air some of the Santorum stuff, but somehow I doubt it. They've always glossed over the more extreme side of their religion and Santorum is a special brand of cray cray.

I don't know---I'm sure we'll see something of a VSE, but lets face it the public was not exactly thrilled with them for the memorial service and photos. They should have done it privately. But they can't really not address it. Let's just hope it's not a big 1 hour special all on the miscarriage. The backlash could be fatal if they show too many of the pictures.

They will likely show something on the miscarriage, something on politics, a not-related-in-any-way-to-education field trip, an update on how Anna is "coping" with her "burden" of TWO children!!, another plug for College Plus, the birth of the Bates' baby (so Kelly can go to the hospital) with an update on Zach's courtship, the annual trip to Big Sandy, another ATI celebrity visit and maybe, just maybe an announcement of courtship or college as well as baby #3 for Josh and Anna (should be about then!). Well see again how well Josie is doing and now that we've pointed it out well hear Jennifer and Jordyn talking!Oh--and probably footage of Famy singing......how's that?

I don't know---I'm sure we'll see something of a VSE, but lets face it the public was not exactly thrilled with them for the memorial service and photos. They should have done it privately. But they can't really not address it. Let's just hope it's not a big 1 hour special all on the miscarriage. The backlash could be fatal if they show too many of the pictures.

I'd like to believe you're right - it makes sense. But TLC has never used much discretion or been too worried about backlashes provided they get the immediate ratings boast. And the Duggars would love nothing more than to show off Dear Jubilee's little hands and feet as proof that fetuses are people with the same - or more - rights as fully formed, conscious, independently existing human beings. So they'll be fine with TLC showing whatever it feels it can get away with.

I came upon the Grandpa Duggar funeral episode the other day. I'd forgotten how disgusting and exploitive it all was, cameramen filming cameramen filming the poor man in his coffin and some of the boys like John David and one of the twins crying. No sense of decency whatsoever.

My experience, wiki is surprisingly accurate when it comes to TV episodes.

Famy's mother, who is now hawking her husband's artwork on her facebook, also announced that the show would be back on the 22nd.

My headship will not be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know? I've seen rumors that it was Jan. 22, Feb 1, but my Tivo still isn't picking it up. Is TLC even following them around the country stumping for Rick Santorium(sp)? I can't imagine that this footage would make it to the show. I'm wondering if the Duggars are currently on a 6 month hiatus and won't return until May/June. In the meantine, the Little People, Big World is showing another special soon...they must have gotten fairly decent ratings in the other ones that wers shown, even though that series was cancelled more than a year ago.

I wonder how long the Duggars will last without a TLC paycheck. I'll bet Jim Bob will try to encourage some of his older ones to start courting to bring in another TV special.

Famy said on FB that new episodes would return in February and then it was mentioned somewhere new episodes starting on January 22 or 24. I think the Duggars TV days are numbered and Boob is probably trying to keep the show around longer. Matt Roloff tried doing the same and it didn't work and TLC only agreed to update shows for the next year.

Deanna Duggar Jordan's facebook page said the show is returning on January 22nd, however it's not showing up on Time Warner, either.

Deanna Duggar Jordan's facebook page said the show is returning on January 22nd, however it's not showing up on Time Warner, either.

It's not showing up on TLC's website either.

Archived