IGNORED

So the Duggars will be back...?

Arielkay

I have gone from, 'Aren't they a great family!' to, 'Well, I don't agree with them, but they are still decent people' to 'What a bunch of small minded, self important, ass wipes' to, 'I hope that the fact they are not on the schedule for Jan 22, means their show is canceled for time and all eternity.' Couldn't resist inserting a little 'Mormon' in that last.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have gone from, 'Aren't they a great family!' to, 'Well, I don't agree with them, but they are still decent people' to 'What a bunch of small minded, self important, ass wipes' to, 'I hope that the fact they are not on the schedule for Jan 22, means their show is canceled for time and all eternity.' Couldn't resist inserting a little 'Mormon' in that last.

Since Josh has unleashed himself all over the Twitter and Instagram, I was wondering the same thing myself. A couple of years ago, it seemed like no Duggar made a move that wasn't approved by TLC.

ETA: During the last presidential election cycle, the Duggars were politically active-going to Iowa on Huckabee's behalf etc...but they were much more under the radar.

I checked my DirecTV guide several minutes ago and there is still no listing for 19KAC. I laughed when I saw that there is going to documentary on Zach Roloff and his girlfriend.

I don't think they can actively campaign for a candidate (albeit one is on life support, even after the Newtie sex scandal stuff) without TLC having to give equal time to Frothy Mix's opponents in some way. No way Sean and co. are taping this. They are most likely in Tonitown with Jana running the house (not like she hasn't done this for the last 10 years or so).

Maybe they already know it's getting the axe and they're hoping that by throwing their support behind Santorum, it will guarantee Jim Bob a well paid spot in government.

I don't think they can actively campaign for a candidate (albeit one is on life support, even after the Newtie sex scandal stuff) without TLC having to give equal time to Frothy Mix's opponents in some way. No way Sean and co. are taping this. They are most likely in Tonitown with Jana running the house (not like she hasn't done this for the last 10 years or so).

I agree, TLC wouldn't film them out supporting a political candidate. TLC will always keep some of the Duggars extreme conservative beliefs off the show.

From the latest polling, it looks like Santorum will come in third at best today.

I don't think he has the money to keep going much longer if he doesn't win or at least come in second in South Carolina, so my guess is he'll be out of the picture soon.

I agree that there is no way TLC has interest in filming any of this. The question remaining is whether they plan on just letting the show quietly die along with the dream of number 20, or whether they come back and do a wrap up series/special addressing the miscarriage and all that hoopla that followed.

My own guess is that the Duggars have been told the end of the series is here or soon to be here which is why, for the sake of book sales and DVD royalties, they are trying so hard to keep their name in the news.

It's times like this where I wish I voted absentee instead of not voting (SC resident). Yet another vote for Cain/Colbert (I'm not Republican) would mean a nail in the coffin to the possibility of any Duggar influence in government.

I agree, TLC wouldn't film them out supporting a political candidate. TLC will always keep some of the Duggars extreme conservative beliefs off the show.

To be honest TLC are in a catch-22 at this point; most Duggar fans will know they are off supporting Santorum, and hence another season at home with Jana will seem pretty ridiculous. But similarly, TLC don't want association with Santorum.

TLC may be taping, but it may not be shown until Frothy Mix drops out of the campaign. Which may be next week!

Well, the longer they stay off the air, it's probably not going to help their ratings. In the past, when TLC ran shows like Kate plus 8, Quints by Surprise, etc, a 6 month break from the airwaves led to an overall drop in ratings. Plus, TLC may have done some research and found that the average Duggar viewer really doesn't want to see a funeral for Jubilee. Unless they show them attending Priscilla's wedding, and visiting the Bates after they have baby #19, they don't appear to have much to film about the Duggars these days. I do wonder how Jim Bob will support his family without the TLC paycheck, it's been a part of their life since 2004. I personally don't see that he has any future political career, and neither does Josh. Even speaking engagements, book sales....all of these will probably go away in a couple of years. Also, the kids won't be little anymore in another 4-5 years, Jim Bob and Michelle will both be in their 50's- I wonder if there will be any public interest left by then. A family that size could easily run into financial trouble without a large steady income despite Jim Bob's claim that they pay cash and buy used, save the difference.

It's times like this where I wish I voted absentee instead of not voting (SC resident). Yet another vote for Cain/Colbert (I'm not Republican) would mean a nail in the coffin to the possibility of any Duggar influence in government.

Could you vote absentee in the primary?

Their new season will just involve 2 weeks of Michelle talking about her miscarriage and spewing out the important of being pro-life and their trip to support Ye Frothy One.

I hope the show is on a long "hiatus" which will lead to a cancellation. Oh please oh please lets hope it happens!

The only way to keep the show running is another pregnancy or a courtship of one of the girls.. I can't see any of that happen..

Is it too unrealistic to hope that TLC has really already given the show the boot and they just haven't said anything yet?

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder what this season will feature....

Ideally, the J'slaves going to a brick and mortar college, Boob and Mullet taking care of their own kids, Mullet loosing that baby voice (hey, I speak calmly to my toddler in a soft voice, but I speak like an adult to adults, so I know she can do it), all the adult children moving out on their own far away from Tontitown/Springdale/NW Arkansas.

But I have a feeling we will see more trips, use of styrofoam and paper plates, talk of Mullet's monthly cycle, nipples, and uterus, Grandma doing laundry, and J'slaves looking tired and depressed, while Mullet says how happy everyone is, and Josh acting like he actually works when we all know he probably has never seen a 40 hour workweek.

I'll pass on a new season. TLC needs to revamp its entire network.

Not going to lie, I might catch an episode here and there if it is on demand (I do not have cable here, but my parents have cable with on demand and dvr I rely on). They fascinate me, in a way my anthropology or sociology classes did.

Probably the same old, happy masks they always parade for the cameras, but every now and then you get an eye roll from Jinger, and that makes my day :D

I wonder what this season will feature....

Adults with JOBS... teens with JOBS and school work, young kids doing actual school. J'chelle doing something besides resting. Really nothing worthy of a tv show. Maybe even, gasp, teens filling out scholarship forms and taking university tours?

However, we will see- 10 kids in a bedroom, no one employed, no school, lots of vacations.

Oh- btw 'Jubilee' is a show in vegas.

Hi- I'm new here, finally came out of lurking!

Oh- btw 'Jubilee' is a show in vegas.

Yes, it is, and quite the defrauding show at that. Some of the dancers perform topless!

Ooh! Sounds like a great St. Patty's day for FJ! I'll bring some Guinness.

ETA: Well, shit. I should have read further. But, I'll still bring some Guinness!!!

Archived