IGNORED

Duggars on the Pro-Life Band Wagon

Deleted07

Fuck. No.

I have relatives (that I am close with) in Kazakhstan, Poland and Israel, and I will gladly move to any of the above just to escape VP Jim-Bob. I have less close relatives in the Ukraine and France, but I am sure they would take me in just out of sympathy if we had a VP named Jim-Bob. Hell, I will drag my kids to Scotland and crash on JesusFightClub's couch. (sorry, JFC, but I know your sweet communist heart would not turn away teh baybeez)

Seriously, it is only a matter of time before Santorum and Duggar outlaw Judaism and whisky, the two things I care most about.

Hey! We would take in people fleeing oppression, especially those named Emmiedahl ;) I can't promise you much in the way of Judaism, but I can promise you whisky.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck. No.

I have relatives (that I am close with) in Kazakhstan, Poland and Israel, and I will gladly move to any of the above just to escape VP Jim-Bob. I have less close relatives in the Ukraine and France, but I am sure they would take me in just out of sympathy if we had a VP named Jim-Bob. Hell, I will drag my kids to Scotland and crash on JesusFightClub's couch. (sorry, JFC, but I know your sweet communist heart would not turn away teh baybeez)

Seriously, it is only a matter of time before Santorum and Duggar outlaw Judaism and whisky, the two things I care most about.

Oooh you do? Are these on the Jewish side the family? I've been trying to find out more about my Ukrainian Jewish G-grandmother but don't have much information about her.

/threadjack

Fuck. No.

He'll pry my Jack Daniels and Torah out of my cold dead hands.

Oooh, cool. For some reason Kazakhstan is one of the countries I've been fascinated with for years (along with three others; I've made it to two now, but not Kazakhstan). Kind of an odd country to be interested in, I know. I've thought about doing Peace Corps, and I've read that since I have some background in Russian I'd have a good chance of getting assigned to somewhere in Western Asia. I know this isn't the place, but I'd love to hear more about your experience.

Yeah, Russian experience would get you eastern europe or central asia, unless you requested somewhere else. It's a nice country. Life is typically third world, and women are still stuck in the 50's at best. There's a shit ton more religious tolerance there. I think so many years of communism has crushed people's ability to be pissed off at other religions.

I believe it is illegal to proselytize there.

Kazakhstan is somewhat odd because it has had a diverse number of ethnic and religious groups for a long time. I guess the oddest thing is that historically, they have lived together with less tension than most similarly diverse areas. My Kazakh side of the family was Jewish (so not ethnic Kazakh technically) but they lived there for a few hundred years and looked Central Asian.

I love learning about Kazakhstan, both from family records and elsewhere. But most people know it as the country that Borat was from.

Archived