IGNORED

The Incredible Stupidity of Rick Santorum

3 is enough

The 7 million people who have had their rights stripped (by Santorum's reasoning) are the 7 million people who voted for Prop 8's ban on gay marriage. So they've been stripped of their rights to strip other people of their rights!

I hate posting after myself, but as a Californian, I have to remind him of the 6.4 million people who were MARGINALIZED by out of state money (Mormons from Utah sent the Yes campaign a vast majority of their funding; I saw the donor lists). Interestingly, the wife of former Hall of Fame NFL QB Steve Young (Mormon, descendent of THE Brigham Young) has a gay brother. While Steve remained "neutral" during the mess leading up to the election, the wife put up a grave marker in their front yard: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4686916# (enlarge the pic to read the text). I saw it on the news, since for me it's local stuff. Good for her and good for Steve for letting her speak her mind. Do you think a Maxwell, Duggar or Bates woman would be allowed this freedom of expression? Neither do I.

I've tried to debate Christians on this and that's all they have. I ask them for NON religious, ie. separation of church and state issues that could prevent gays from marrying and I get stuttering, strawmen, and a flounce, typically after a minute or two of sputtering. Heck, even my husband didn't realize gay partners couldn't visit a dying partner since they are not "family." He did ask "What if there's no one else? Would they allow the partner in then?" A good question, for which I had no answer. I told him to ask the nurses where he works what their formal and informal policies are.

I just love how Santorum compares himself to St. Ronnie. Just as Obama would be considered a conservative in other countries, Reagan was practically a liberal compared to today's crop of contenders. And yet they have cannonized him. I don't get it. :?

I love how in the fb comments someone called him a twat socket. I have made that todays challennge: use the phrase 'twat socket' in a sentence!

Archived