IGNORED

Duggars Booze It Up

Guest Digger

Hm, should I go for navy blue, jade green, or black?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep my nails short and did a light pink gel manicure 10 days ago. I'm pretty rough on my hands and there is nary a chip so far.

I don't hate the Duggars (very strong word that I have rarely used), but I feel an indignation about the way they have socially crippled their children and effectively taken away their agency. My mom always told me growing up how much her parents told her she could do anything and to go to college and get the education that they were never able to. They wanted her to improve and to be better and have more than they did. It boggles my mind that there are parents who don't want their children to do better than them. It just seems selfish.

If the Duggars were honest about things, they wouldn't bug me so much. I just have a problem with people who say one thing but then go on tv doing another. Plus Michelle and JB won't allow their children the freedom they had as children. I know Michelle claims to regret giving pieces of her heart to boys she dated before JB, but I don't recall her wishing she'd been home schooled or regretting being a cheerleader.

Any suggestions as to a good polish for short nails?

If you like a nice neutral peach color, Essie "A Crewed Interest" is a favorite of mine. I type for a living so my nails are always relatively short.

EssieACrewedInterest2.jpg

When my nails are short, I tend to go darker, maybe there's a bit of a rebellious kid still in me?

The longer they are, the more subdued the color tends to be.

I do that too. It makes sense to me, that way they're always just noticeable enough and never over-the-top. Of course my current job doesn't allow me to wear nail polish...

Speaking of nails, does anyone know a good polish or treatment for REALLY brittle nails. Mine barely grow anymore and are cracking and breaking like crazy.

Speaking of nails, does anyone know a good polish or treatment for REALLY brittle nails. Mine barely grow anymore and are cracking and breaking like crazy.

Burt's Bees Cuticle cream. I've used their hand salve but doesn't do a whole lot for my nails. I use the cuticle cream on my fingertips, nails, and cuticles twice a day and it does wonders!

If the Duggars were honest about things, they wouldn't bug me so much. I just have a problem with people who say one thing but then go on tv doing another. Plus Michelle and JB won't allow their children the freedom they had as children. I know Michelle claims to regret giving pieces of her heart to boys she dated before JB, but I don't recall her wishing she'd been home schooled or regretting being a cheerleader.

They set themselves up to be this gold standard against which normal people must be judged. I hate the dishonesty; I especially hate the 'education' they are providing. What's the point of loving a daughter you've trained to have the personality of a houseplant? Why would you brag about a lazy sot of a son with no work ethic?

I am also very picky about nail shape. I dislike square nails but I can't stand the 80s oval pointy ones. I have to have mine gently curved. Any colour polish is good.

Well said, valsa!

Any suggestions as to a good polish for short nails?

I just had Essie's Beach Bum Blu, but just switched to OPI's Pompeii Purple, which is one of my favorite shades of bright pink as it has some blue undertones, so it's great for spring.

I currently have OPI Conquistadorable on my toes and it seems to be holding on quite well. And I always miss the drama, dammit! What's up with Digger? Another person who spends her life reporting others to traffic Court on that other Duggar board? Dayum!

I am lucky, I have great natural nails, with pink nail beds and very white tips. My nails are the best part of my body.

When my nails are short, I tend to go darker, maybe there's a bit of a rebellious kid still in me?

The longer they are, the more subdued the color tends to be.

I don't usually wear nail polish, but my daughter got a huge nail polish set for her birthday last week. We've spent the last week changing the colour of our nails every day. So far our favourites are crackle glaze. I've been converted to nail polish by that stuff! She's gone to school today with gold polish and black crackle on her toes, silver polish and red crackle on one hand and blue crackle on the other. I'm now awaiting the polite notice in her home school diary from her teacher asking for it to be removed...

I am going for a pedicure at the end of the week. I always prefer "line" design nail art to flowers, although I did get a nice snowflake in December...

I went for a pedicure a few day ago. I had a color in mind. I wanted something that was a pinkish lavendar, like the color of the tulips they sell at Easter.

I went to the nail salon and just couldn't find the color I wanted. I didn't find anything even all that close. I went with a basic lavendar that had a slight shimmer in the bottle, but looks rather neutral on my toes.

This weekend I walked into CVS and saw several drugstore brands that were almost the exact color I wanted. I wanted to march back into the nail salon and say, "How come CVS has this color, but you don't?"

One, if not the only, actual benefit of being diabetic is being told not to cut your own toenails. Since Mr. LongIsland looks at me funny if I ask him, that leaves me two options: spa pedicure in a heated massage chair, scented whirlpool foot bath, complimentary foot massage and lovely polish, or bald, 60-year-old podiatrist with dandruff and halitosis, using a Dremel tool to grind down my calluses and toenails. Hmmm, it is a tough one, but I manage to drag myself for a pedicure every four weeks. Pedicures make my happy!

"Sweetie"? What is this, a high school where you're one of the mean girls? Terms of endearment used insultingly are more offensive than outright slurs, in my opinion.

Digger wishes she were as clever as Regina George...

Guest Anonymous

Speaking of Regina George - did any one see the lovely nail varnish she was wearing at the beginning of mean girls? Do you know what that style is called?

One, if not the only, actual benefit of being diabetic is being told not to cut your own toenails. Since Mr. LongIsland looks at me funny if I ask him, that leaves me two options: spa pedicure in a heated massage chair, scented whirlpool foot bath, complimentary foot massage and lovely polish, or bald, 60-year-old podiatrist with dandruff and halitosis, using a Dremel tool to grind down my calluses and toenails. Hmmm, it is a tough one, but I manage to drag myself for a pedicure every four weeks. Pedicures make my happy!

Aren't diabetics not supposed to use foot baths? Or are salon ones OK?

Why don't you guys give Digger the AD treatment and just ignore everything it spews?

Some people here couldn't even do that properly. They had to announce they were ignoring everything AD said by spamming up threads she posted in.

Aren't diabetics not supposed to use foot baths? Or are salon ones OK?

I thought it was ok as long as the salon you went to was certified to cater to diabetics. Because the danger is accidentally making small cuts that might get infected, right?

I was told the danger was indeed cutting yourself with the clippers. Salons that are up on hygiene are fine. Footbaths can't be too hot and have to be disinfected after each use. All metal tools have to be disinfected as well. And Lovely Toenail lady Lori knows my saga and takes care of her peeps, including me. Love me some pedicure!

I love the gel color that comes in the white bottle (I think it's called Gelish) and there is a DARK purple color that I LOVE and get a ton of compliments on. It lasts a good two weeks (the Shellac gel doesn't last that long on me).

Archived