IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Including the Fire - Merge

The Archivist

This company needs to rein her ass in!!!! She is going to get them sued or busted by the FDA at this rate. She is speaking as a representative if they don't do something about her medical claims, they could have their product pulled for medical claims. Has anyone posted this stuff to the diet pill company?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This company needs to rein her ass in!!!! She is going to get them sued or busted by the FDA at this rate. She is speaking as a representative if they don't do something about her medical claims, they could have their product pulled for medical claims. Has anyone posted this stuff to the diet pill company?

Yes, several people on MWOP have emailed Jen's boss, and continue to email him every time she makes another stupid and dangerous claim about these pills. However, since for now she is one of their top sellers they don't seem to care all that much.

M.

Yes, several people on MWOP have emailed Jen's boss, and continue to email him every time she makes another stupid and dangerous claim about these pills. However, since for now she is one of their top sellers they don't seem to care all that much.

M.

Well, when they get busted for medical claims or sued, I hope MWOP is there with those emails to point out they were warned, idiots!! If they are too stupid to reign her in cause she sells so much, then they deserve her and her crap. It really gives me more faith in the product that's for sure :roll:

I doubt they care. Companies like this who run these types of sales schemes are after profits and nothing else. All that matters to them is how much money they make, bit like Mckmama really...

It might be cool is the AMA/state D.A.'s office got a hold of her for practicing medicine without a license....

I doubt they care. Companies like this who run these types of sales schemes are after profits and nothing else. All that matters to them is how much money they make, bit like Mckmama really...

It's hard to get these outfits shut down, because the FDA is not allowed to regulate them hardly at all. You can thank Orrin Hatch for that, he sponsored the laws that set loose all these herbal remedies and so on.

M.

Sadly, companies like these will fold up and disappear into the night in a short while, long before the lawsuits are filed on behalf of people who have been injured (or worse) from taking these pills.

Sadly, companies like these will fold up and disappear into the night in a short while, long before the lawsuits are filed on behalf of people who have been injured (or worse) from taking these pills.

This may not make a huge difference, but what about the Better Business Bureau or some equivelant?

Even with this bankruptcy divorce drama I still find MckMama dreadfully boring. I truly don't get how she had so many readers in teh first place. I prefer the Blogess, but I cannot read her stuff unless I'm at home. People at cafes generally look upon you with dusgt when you laugh out loud or mutter "poor Victor" under your breath.

It's hard to get these outfits shut down, because the FDA is not allowed to regulate them hardly at all. You can thank Orrin Hatch for that, he sponsored the laws that set loose all these herbal remedies and so on.

You can't make medical claims, such as a pill will diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure, any condition, and she's doing that, which means the FDA can step in. Notice how diet pill ads stop short of saying they'll cause the weight loss. "Combined with diet and exercise, Pill X can help you lose weight!" There's evidence of a placebo effect with diet pills anyway, and they're not claiming to cure or treat anything. They walk a fine line. The FDA also requires any claims made have certain disclaimers, and those disclaimers must be in the same manner as the claims, which is why claims are usually in text on the screen while the disclaimers are in minute writing at the bottom. If a claim is spoke, the disclaimer must be spoken, like on the radio.

MckMama is claiming that these pills treat depression. That's claiming to treat a medical condition. The FDA can get involved.

I hate when people preach that such and such pill, supplement, vitamin, etc...will cure you of your mental illness!!! I had someone tell me to take kava kava and something else once. I just kind of looked at her like she was crazy and kept popping my antipsychotics because no, I don't really want to kill other people or myself. Yes, I'll probably get the charges dropped because of insanity, but I'd kind of like to prevent that behavior, not encourage it.

I love those crazies who think that everything under the sun can be cured with supplements, or even better...diet, and that the evil drugs aren't necessary. Yeah, I think my uncle would probably drop dead in a day or so if he didn't take his insulin, he's barely hanging on as it is.

M.

Plenty of people are making the same claims on various Xyngular discussion sites that turn out to be under the Xyngular domain. They've stopped taking insulin, they've stopped having migraines, they've gone off their bi-polar meds. yikes.

Plenty of people are making the same claims on various Xyngular discussion sites that turn out to be under the Xyngular domain. They've stopped taking insulin, they've stopped having migraines, they've gone off their bi-polar meds. yikes.

What is wrong with people?! :| I can see a type II diabetic eventually coming off oral meds with weight loss, and under the direction of their health care provider. But insulin? No way, that will kill them. A friend of mine's daughter stopped her bi-polar meds and committed suicide. It's my understanding if you are truly bi-polar you can never come off your meds.

Guest Anonymous

What is wrong with people?! :| I can see a type II diabetic eventually coming off oral meds with weight loss, and under the direction of their health care provider. But insulin? No way, that will kill them. A friend of mine's daughter stopped her bi-polar meds and committed suicide. It's my understanding if you are truly bi-polar you can never come off your meds.

Lots of people who are "truly biploar" don't take meds. There are huge variances in the severity of bipolar disorder. Some people really need meds and benefit from them, others manage it without meds via therapy/various other coping mechanisms, and sadly some people don't get a lot of assistance from medication even if they take it. Other people can't do meds because of side effects. It doesn't work the same way for everyone.

Lots of people who are "truly biploar" don't take meds. There are huge variances in the severity of bipolar disorder. Some people really need meds and benefit from them, others manage it without meds via therapy/various other coping mechanisms, and sadly some people don't get a lot of assistance from medication even if they take it. Other people can't do meds because of side effects. It doesn't work the same way for everyone.

I imagine the decision to be on or off meds is made by a qualified medical provider, not an internet blogger selling a diet product.

Many type II diabetics are never on insulin and just control it with diet and possibly meds- but I agree that this is really scary, if you have a medical condition, see a REAL doctor for it. And I'm not about to start taking something like this and throw out my migraine meds, I'd be back in the ER in no time. I don't need to do any more damage because who knows what my stroke risk is at this point.

Guest Anonymous

I imagine the decision to be on or off meds is made by a qualified medical provider, not an internet blogger selling a diet product.

It surely should be made by the person with their doctor. Which has fuck-all to do with me refuting your statement that "It's my understanding if you are truly bi-polar you can never come off your meds." Your understanding in this particular matter is that you don't understand it.

It surely should be made by the person with their doctor. Which has fuck-all to do with me refuting your statement that "It's my understanding if you are truly bi-polar you can never come off your meds." Your understanding in this particular matter is that you don't understand it.

I stand corrected.

And yes, the person should always be part of the medical team.

I hate when people preach that such and such pill, supplement, vitamin, etc...will cure you of your mental illness!!!

Heavy doses of chocolate and Alan Rickman, combined with sensible diet, exercise, and one's regular mental health medication, have been proven to help temporarily suppress homicidal urges in test group Freejinger. Administer chocolate thrice daily by mouth and Alan Rickman 5x daily hive vaginally. In case of serious side effects, such as fever, swelling of the head, running out of rum, trolls, or rugshitting, discontinue use and call Alecto.

I hate when people preach that such and such pill, supplement, vitamin, etc...will cure you of your mental illness!!! I had someone tell me to take kava kava and something else once. I just kind of looked at her like she was crazy and kept popping my antipsychotics because no, I don't really want to kill other people or myself. Yes, I'll probably get the charges dropped because of insanity, but I'd kind of like to prevent that behavior, not encourage it.

I love those crazies who think that everything under the sun can be cured with supplements, or even better...diet, and that the evil drugs aren't necessary. Yeah, I think my uncle would probably drop dead in a day or so if he didn't take his insulin, he's barely hanging on as it is.

I don't care if it's mental illness or physical illness, it drives me crazy. I'm on an e-mail list for an online fabric store, and the owner's son has leukemia right now, and people keep suggesting alternative therapies. I think that the owner is smart enough, and the son is getting mainstream treatment of chemo right now. But it drives me crazy, I can't imagine how much it could mess with the mom's head.

And I've had people tell me crazy things, and it wasn't for something as serious as cancer, and it still annoyed me.

Guest Anonymous
I stand corrected.

And yes, the person should always be part of the medical team.

Thanks, NurseNell. There is a lot of misinformation about bipolar disorder flying around, about what bipolar people are like, (mostly they're like people) what they should do to manage their bipolar, (it varies!) etc. It's a hotbutton topic for me. Saying that someone who works very hard to handle their shit isn't truly bipolar because they don't take meds would be a huge slap in the face.**

**Not saying that you did that, just that it's a short trip from your original comment to that place.

***Edited for riffle/terrible sentence construction.

Treatment varies from psychiatrist to psychiatrist even. I got transferred to a psychiatrist that never prescribes the medication combination I'm on. My current psychiatrist thinks that eventually I should be able to be weaned off my medications. The only problem is that I'd have to do very frequent visits with a psychiatrist or nurse (or both).

Edit: by frequent I mean once a week at least.

I don't care if it's mental illness or physical illness, it drives me crazy. I'm on an e-mail list for an online fabric store, and the owner's son has leukemia right now, and people keep suggesting alternative therapies. I think that the owner is smart enough, and the son is getting mainstream treatment of chemo right now. But it drives me crazy, I can't imagine how much it could mess with the mom's head.

And I've had people tell me crazy things, and it wasn't for something as serious as cancer, and it still annoyed me.

I have seen this recently and it makes me crazy. Someone will announce that they or someone they know has cancer, and the next this you know people are coming out of the effing woodwork suggesting various vitamins, herbs, and diets. It makes me want to scream. These are people being seen by doctors with medical degrees and years of experience. Pretty sure they don't need the advice of a stay at home fundie mom with a sotdrt education.

someone from MWOP JUST posted MckMama is on the view RIGHT NOW!

I'm at work so I don't have access to verify.

* Edited to add. I'm gullible, so it could just be something that reminds the poster of Jennifer in a snarky way. :)

someone from MWOP JUST posted MckMama is on the view RIGHT NOW!

I'm at work so I don't have access to verify.

* Edited to add. I'm gullible, so it could just be something that reminds the poster of Jennifer in a snarky way. :)

I'm gullible. Sorry. :whistle:

Archived